Summer is in full swing, and if you’re looking for a last-minute family getaway, Snowshoe, WV is the perfect place to go. With its endless summer activities, stunning mountain views, and family-friendly atmosphere, Snowshoe is sure to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Don’t forget to lean on EDH Rentals to plan your trip or book one of our dozens of properties for you, your friends, or family.
1. Go hiking: There are over 50 miles of hiking trails in the Snowshoe area, ranging from easy to challenging. Some popular trails include the Shavers Lake Trail, Bail Out, Thorny Benchmark, and Powder Puff. If you’re up for a drive, check out the Greenbrier River Trail or the vast Monongahela National Forest.
2. Go biking: There are also over 30 miles of biking trails in the Snowshoe area, including both cross-country and downhill trails. The Snowshoe Bike Park features a wide range of trails. For more advanced riders, check out Snowshoe’s Western Territories for intermediate and difficult options.
3. Go fishing: There are several lakes and streams in the Snowshoe area that are home to trout, bass, and other fish. Some popular fishing spots include Fall Run near Webster Springs, the Cranberry River, and the Greenbrier River.
4. Go swimming: Time to cool off with a swim? The Split Rock Pools facility features a heated indoor/outdoor pool and Jacuzzis, and a quick ski lift ride down to Shavers Lake Beach is something everyone in the family can enjoy. If you’re staying in Silver Creek or Allegheny Springs, you will have free access to the heated pool and Jacuzzi facilities in each of these Lodges.
5. Rediscover History: Are you a fan of the historic and interesting? There’s plenty of history to discover around Snowshoe, whether it’s battlefields, railroad museums, caverns, or more. Be sure to save a day for these unique activities.
6. Take a scenic chairlift ride: The Snowshoe Mountain Resort offers scenic chairlift rides that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
7. Go stargazing: The clear night skies in Snowshoe, West Virginia make it a great place to go stargazing. While you will have a great view from just about anywhere near Snowshoe, head down to Seneca or Watoga State Forest.
8. Attend a summer concert: Although the 4848 Festival for 2023 has passed, Snowshoe hosts a variety of summer concerts throughout the season.
These are just a few of the many unforgettable summer activities you can enjoy in Snowshoe, WV on your own, with your spouse, or with your family. With its endless activities, stunning mountain views, and family-friendly atmosphere, Snowshoe is the perfect place to create memories that will last a lifetime.